(1) Different Kind of Creative, Inc. (“Different Kind of Creative”) is committed to providing excellent services to our users. As part of our commitment, we want to be completely transparent regarding the type of information we collect and what we intend to do with this information.
(2) The following describes our gathering and dissemination practices regarding your personal information for Different Kind of Creative’s DoggyDate app services and website. If you have any questions regarding our privacy policies, please contact us at email@example.com
BECOMING A MEMBER
(1) By downloading and installing our app, we have the right to collect, transfer, store, and disclose the use of your information.
(2) Regardless of the country in which you reside at the time of downloading our app your information will be sent to and used within the United States.
(1) Children are not allowed to use our service, including websites, and our mobile app.
(2) We ask that minors under the age of 18 not submit any personal information to us.
(3) Our app and website marketing will not be directed to anyone under the age of 18, we also do not collect or maintain personally identifiable information from those users who we know are under 18.
(4) If Different Kind of Creative learns or is notified that any material posted has been posted by users that are under 18, the material will be immediately deleted.
(1) One of our main goals for collecting personal information is to provide our user base with a wonderfully smooth and customized experience while they navigate the app and/or website.
(2) The information collected enables us to customize your experience, You agree that we may feature members’ profiles, including your profile, in, among other places, editorials, and newsletters that we may periodically send out to our members.
(3) Your name, postal address, telephone number and email address are confidential and will not be posted in your profile. Your profile will be available for other members to view. Member profiles include a description, photos, and other information helpful in determining matches. Your viewable profile will not include any identifying information about you, with the exception of your username, city of your preference, and age.
(4) Your personal information will be stored and processed on our computers in the United States.
(5) The laws regarding the handling of personal data in the United States may differ from the laws of other countries but, as we explain below, Different Kind of Creative “Doggy Date” will hold and transmit your information in a safe, confidential and secure environment.
(6) We may use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of our Websites. "Cookies" are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing customized services. We also offer certain features that are only available through the use of a "cookie." Cookies can also help us provide information which is targeted to your interests. We use this information to determine our members' demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL of the website that you visited prior to our Website (whether this is on our site or not), what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. Most cookies are "session cookies", meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session. You are always free to decline our cookies with your browser permits. Anonymized data may be shared with third parties.
(7) If you choose to access our Website or app through a mobile device or in an application-based version of the website, we may collect additional information about you. This may include, but is not limited to, location data. We use a third-party advertising company to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. That advertising company may also collect anonymous information about your visits to our Websites. This is primarily accomplished through the use of a technology device, commonly referred to as a Web beacon, cookie or an action tag, which is place on various Web pages within our Websites or in an HTML e-mail that allows the third-party advertising company to collect anonymous information. There may also be a number of services offered by external service providers that help you use our Websites.
(8) If you choose certain optional services, you may be taken to a third-party web site. If you disclose information to the external service providers, and/or grant them permission to collect information about you, then their use of your information is governed by their privacy policies, if any.
(9) Some of the third-party advertisers that we use have their own privacy policies and may allow you to opt out of having your information collected as discussed above.
(10) When you register as a “user” of our services, we collect the following pieces of information: username, password, email address, gender, date of birth, sexual preference, dog breeds of your preference, photos of you and your dog, ethnicity, religion, income, education, and hobbies where it pertains to dating activities.
COMMUNICATIONS WITH OTHER USERS
We encourage you “the user” to be prudent concerning the information you disclose to other users you meet on our platforms. We don’t recommend disclosing emails, phone numbers, full names, addresses, any financial information, driver’s license, id cards, etc. Please don’t reveal any personal information that could expose you in any way.
SMS (communication text through DoggyDate)
In our 2.0 version of our app we may have a feature which gives you the ability to communicate via SMS (text) messages within our app. This will come into play with our “Doggy deal of the day” feature. With this feature we will give you the power to connect with mom and pop shops within your community. The user will be able to follow individual businesses and have the ability to connect with each business for potential deals through text or push notifications. There will be no fee for this service to the user, however the user may be charged through your carrier. You agree that we are not responsible for any charges that may come to you from your carrier. We will have an opt out option at any point in time if you feel the need to terminate the connection via Settings
GEO-TRACKING (Your location)
(1) A feature on our app will allow access the geo-tracking device on your phone. This feature will allow our users to connect with other users within a 10-mile radius of their location.
(2) If our user decides to use this feature they are allowing Different Kind of Creative “Doggy Date” app to collect your device’s geolocation data and save your device’s coordinates.
(3) We may also use your device’s geolocation information to personalize the App and make the process of interacting with other users more easily.
(4) You will have the ability to turn this feature on and off by going to the device Settings function. If you deactivate this feature in your profile settings, your geo location will default to your original zip code you used in your original profile.
USER DATA AND SERVER POLICIES
(1) We use Amazon Web Services to host user database, which records information as it is entered by our users that we use to improve our services to the users. The information collected includes your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, access times, your mobile carrier, and applicable search terms. Additionally, other actions such as interactions with advertisers can and may be recorded within our servers.
(1) We will maintain the right to collect information about your device when you use and function within the app.
(2) The information collected includes the unique device identifier, device model, operating system, and MAC address. If you permit us to do so, the App may access your device’s address book and contact lists in order to offer you certain features of our Services.
(1) We have the right to track how you interact with links in the “DOGGYDATE” community, including third party services and clients by re-directing clicks or through other means. We reserve the right to share aggregate click stats on how many times a particular link was clicked.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
In the event that Different Kind of Creative “Doggy Date” is involved with bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of the transaction.
(1) We retain the right to share or disclose your non-private, or otherwise non-personal information with third parties for industry analysis. We also have the right to share information regarding demographics and profile that give us the ability to deliver targeted advertising about other products, services, and for marketing purposes.
(2) The user retains the right to opt-out of our third-party marketing with an option provided in Settings
INTERACTION BETWEEN USERS
“Doggy Date” is an interactive app that allows you to easily create a profile and then connect with other dog lovers in your community. One of our features allows you to connect and create a profile through Facebook. If you choose to access this option when creating your profile, you are authorizing access to certain information connected to your Facebook account, including first and last names and email addresses.
Additionally, if you connect through Facebook you understand that your “Doggy Date” profile and other information you make available through the app, including information you provide directly or indirectly through Facebook, may be viewed and shared by other “Doggy Date” users. The information provided may include photos, name, age, location, friends in common may be viewed and shared
For example, a User may recommend you as a match to his or her Facebook friends by sharing your picture, regardless of whether such friend(s) is also a User of the App. You might share information like the photos and messages you send or upload and any metadata provided with those messages, along with any comments or information you provide in connection with your photos.
When using “Doggy Date” assume that anything posted or information submitted on the app may be publicly-viewable and accessible both Users of the App and non -Users of the app.
Before you post anything, be aware that any content may be searchable by search engines. We want to create a safe environment for our “Doggy Date” users. Be cautious about what you post and what information that will be made public.
CHANGES IN OUR PRIVACY POLICIES
(1) As a user you understand that an app is an evolving product, Different Kind of Creative will constantly be updating, adding, and innovating the app to make the user experience that much better.
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information in the files we maintain about you, and the other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Websites, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms and Conditions. At times, we may review the data of multiple members to identify problems or resolve disputes.
You agree that we may use personally identifiable information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze website usage, improve our content and product offerings, customize our websites content layout and services. These uses improve our Websites and may better tailor them to suit your needs.
It is unlawful to intercept or access transmissions on private communications. Accordingly, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy. We do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private.
THE SELLING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Different Kind of Creative will not sell, license or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party. However, the sections that follow describe ways in which your personal identifiable information may be used or disclosed.
(1) When you purchase services or products in the app, we may need to collect financial information, including but not limited to your credit card billing information. We use this financial information, including your name, address, and other information to bill you for use of our services and products.
(2) By making a purchase or engaging in any other kind of activity or transaction that uses financial information on the app and or Website, you consent to our providing your financial information to our service providers and to such third parties as we determine necessary to support and process your activities and transactions as well to your credit card issuer for their purposes.
(3) These third parties include the credit card companies and banking institutions used to process and support your transaction or activity.
(4) By purchasing, or registering for, or making reservations for products or services of third parties offered on the Website or app, or by participating in programs offered on the Websites that are administered by third parties and that require you to submit financial information in order to use them, you also consent to our providing your financial information to those third parties.
(5) Any of these various third parties may be authorized to use your financial information in accordance with our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which we have no control, and you agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions.
(6) You also agree that we have the permission to disclose all information submitted to such third parties in the same manner in which we are entitled to use and disclose any other information that you submit to us.
(1) We aggregate (gather up data across multiple members’ accounts) personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes.
(2) We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally, including your name, email address, passwords, credit cards, number and bank account information.
OTHER CORPORATE ENTITIES
(1) We share much of our data, including personally identifiable information about you, with our parent and/or subsidiaries that are committed to serving your online needs and related services, throughout the world. To the extent that these entities have access to your information, they will treat it at least as carefully as they treat information they obtain from their other members.
(2) Our parent and/or subsidiaries will follow privacy practices no less protective of all members than our practices described in this document, to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Different Kind of Creative will cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement and other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with any investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
YOUR USE OF MEMBER INFORMATION
Our services also include access to instant messaging and as our features increase, chatrooms. As a member you have access to members’ identification numbers and/or user names, and you might gain access to other contact information of other members through the regular use of the services.
ACCESSING, REVIEWING and CHANGING YOUR PROFILE
(1) After filling out your initial profile you will have access to review and change any and all information that you’ve submitted in your profile during registration.
(2) You also have the ability to change your registration information such as:
-Likes and dislikes as it pertains to your profile information
-And any other perceived dating information that you saved within your profile
(3) Upon notification we will remove your membership from our active databases as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with our policy and applicable law.
(4) We may retain in our database information for certain purposes, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our terms and conditions.
(5) Further, such prior information may never be completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints, including stored ‘back up' systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to any request you may submit.
(2)If at any point you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If your password has been compromised in any way, we recommend to immediately change your password.
If you opt to receive push notifications through our app or website, you may be required to agree to additional terms and conditions for that service and you may be subject to additional charges, either by the Company or from your wireless carrier.
(1) Different Kind of Creative uses industry standard practices, including Secure Socket Layers, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information.
(2) Different Kind of Creative puts a very high level of emphasis on protecting data for our user base. This information must be protected against loss and unauthorized access.
(3) Different Kind of Creative uses many different techniques to protect against unauthorized users inside and outside the company. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the internet.
(4) Different Kind of Creative takes tremendous pride on taking commercially reasonable security measures to help protect your information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, or disclosure. We use reasonable security measures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information such as secured Amazon Web Services servers.
(5) Unfortunately no website or internet transmission is ever completely 100% secure and even we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breaches will never occur, but, as described below, there are some practices to help keep your data secure
(6) Always log out of your account, and do not share your username and password with anyone.
(7) If you believe your profile has been hacked in any way by an outside party, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will attempt to fix the issue from our end. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data while it is being transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk.
(8) WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(1) For all residents of the State of California, we provide you in this Privacy Rights Statement (“Statement”) information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options, such as your right to opt-out (or “unsubscribe”) of our procedures and practices for using and sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
(2) Pursuant to the California Civil Code, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your personal information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
(3) Any California resident who wishes to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request by email to the corporate office email@example.com or you can mail your request to Different Kind of Creative, 1003 S Sierra Bonita Ave #5 Los Angeles, Ca 90019. Attn: Your California Privacy Rights, C/0 Privacy Administrator.
(4) For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights”
(5) Your request must include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address (street address is optional) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. We may not be able to respond to notices that are not properly labeled or that do not contain complete information.
ABOUT DIFFERENT KIND OF CREATIVE, INC.
Except as otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions, you agree that such courts shall have jurisdiction and venue and waive any objection based on inconvenient forum. You agree that you will not file or participate in a class action against us. In the event there is a discrepancy between this English language version and any translated copies of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
Different kind of Creative, Inc. is incorporated in the state of California, and its corporate identification number is 82-0932138
Our registered address is 1003 S Sierra Bonita Ave #5 Los Angeles, Ca 90019
Thanks for reading this Statement. Please enjoy our app responsibly and we look forward to connecting you with other dog owners in your community.
August 22, 2018.